HTTP Full Form: Hyper Text Transfer Protocol
The hyper text transfer protocol (HTTP) is an application protocol that is used for data communication. It is the basis of data communication in the World Wide Web.
It provides a standard for web browsers that allows users to exchange information over the Internet. HTTP is used by most websites to access any file or page.
The HTTP client is a request-response protocol in the server computing model. It’s an software layer protocol designed throughout the framework of the Web Protocol Suite.
All HTTP Full Form :
What is hypertext
A text that has a link within it is known as hypertext. If you click a word on a webpage and it redirects you to a new page, it means that you have clicked on hypertext.
How HTTP works
When you enter a URL in your web browser to access a particular file or page, the protocol receives information from the server and requests the client for the web page. You must type http before the address of the page.
For example: If you want to use any website like www.webfullform.com then you write: http://webfullform.com/
Full form – What is IRDA Full Form ?
Tim Berners Lee and his team at CERN gets credit for inventing original HTTP and associated technologies.
- HTTP version 0.9 –
This was first version of HTTP which was introduced in 1991.
- HTTP version 1.0 –
In 1996, RFC 1945 (Request For Comments) was introduced in HTTP version 1.0.
- HTTP version 1.1 –
In January 1997, RFC 2068 was introduced in HTTP version 1.1. Improvements and updates to HTTP version 1.1 standard were released under RFC 2616 in June 1999.
- HTTP version 2.0 –
The HTTP version 2.0 specification was published as RFC 7540 on May 14, 2015.
- HTTP version 3.0 –
HTTP version 3.0 is based on previous RFC draft. It is renamed as Hyper Text Transfer Protocol QUIC which is a transport layer network protocol developed by Google.
Read Also – What is AP Full Form ?
Characteristics of HTTP:
HTTP is IP based communication protocol which is used to deliver data from server to client or vice-versa.
- Server processes a request, which is raised by client and also server and client knows each other only during current request and response period.
- Any type of content can be exchanged as long as server and client are compatible with it.
- Once data is exchanged then servers and client are no more connected with each other.
- It is a request and response protocol based on client and server requirements.
- It is connection less protocol because after connection is closed, server does not remember anything about client and client does not remember anything about server.
- It is stateless protocol because both client and server does not expecting anything from each other but they are still able to communicate.
Read Also – What Is Sensex Full Form ?
- Memory usage and CPU usage are low because of less simultaneous connections.
- Since there are few TCP connections hence network congestion are less.
- Since handshaking is done at initial connection stage, then latency is reduced because there is no further need of handshaking for subsequent requests.
- The error can be reports without closing connection.
- HTTP allows HTTP pipe-lining of request or response.
- HTTP requires high power to establish communication and transfer data.
- HTTP is less secure, because it does not uses any encryption method like https use TLS to encrypt normal http requests and response.
- HTTP is not optimized for cellular phone and it is too gabby.
- HTTP does not offer genuine exchange of data because it is less secure.
- Client does not close connection until it receives complete data from server and hence server needs to wait for data completion and cannot be available for other clients during this time.
Other Full Form –